Ever since I started solids with my toddler about a year ago I had a hard time getting her to eat eggs. I made them every way possible and she still spit them out. I even hid them in her other foods and she would still spit them out. I kind of lost hope until I saw a recipe for a breakfast casserole. I set out to make it toddler friendly and too make it cute in a cupcake form. To my surprise she loved it! Here is how I did it:
Breakfast in a Cupcake
Yield: 6-8 cupcakes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 slices boars head ham
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crack eggs into a bowl and whip.
- Cut ham slices into 1/2 inch squares and add to eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients into the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Take aluminum foil and cover a baking sheet. (For easy cleanup)
- Spray silicone cupcake cups with cooking spray. (You can use a regular cupcake tin but make sure you spray them really good. Eggs tend to really stick when they are baked.)
- Spoon egg mixture into the cups until they are full to the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Insert a knife in the middle of one to make sure eggs are fully set. If not pop it back into the oven for another 5 minutes and check again.
What are your tips to getting your little one to eat eggs?