Last week we brought in some Van's PB & J bars to my daughter's dance class and the girls loved them! When I first gave it to the little girl that was gluten free she looked at her mom to get the OK. When her mom told her it was OK and opened it, she quickly grabbed the bar and took a bite. She then ran to her dance mates and they all sat on the floor and happily ate their bars. I loved seeing her eat the same snack as all the other little girls and not to have her own substitute.
Then it was time for the girls to start their lesson so us moms went downstairs to have our usual coffee chat. I shared with them about the Gluten Free event at Walmart and they were just as surprised to hear about all of the gluten free choices they offered. We all decided to bring in gluten free snacks from now on so that nobody would have to feel different.
Since my daughter loves them so much herself I keep a couple of boxes on hand so she can have them outside of dance class. She loves strawberries and blueberries so it was a perfect fit for her. I love that they have oats and peanut butter to give a little bit of fiber and protein in her diet. To bump up the protein I decided to crumble the PB & J bar and put it on top of a peanut butter vanilla yogurt parfait.
To make the parfait I took some Greek yogurt and added a little bit of almond milk to thin it down a little bit. Then I added some PB powder, honey and vanilla. I layered the yogurt with berries, banana and the crumbled PB & J bar and it made a delicious breakfast.
Gluten Free PB & J Vanilla Parfait (Printable Recipe)
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tblsp almond milk
- 1 tsp honey (more if you your yogurt sweeter)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tblsp peanut butter powder
- 1 Van's PB & J bar
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup black berries
- Crumble the PB & J bar and set aside.
- Combine the yogurt, honey, vanilla and peanut butter powder and mix well.
- Slice the banana and wash the berries.
- Add some yogurt into a cup then a layer of bananas and then a layer of PB & J crumbs. Add another layer of yogurt, blackberries and then crumbs. Top with the rest of the yogurt and the rest of the crumbs.
Head on over to the Walmart Page to find out the other varieties of gluten free products they offer.