As I am starting on my Atkins 40 journey I am becoming creative in the kitchen and getting used to the idea of using butter. To make it low carb I used zucchini in place of pasta and turkey sausage as the protein. The Creamy Sausage and Spinach Zoodles is super flavorful, creamy and light at the same time. It is also really easy to make.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 turkey sausage patty
- 1 tblsp butter
- 2 tblsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fully cook and heat up sausage patty. Dice and set aside.
- Cut zucchini into zoodles using a machine like the Slice-A-Roo and set aside.
- Add olive oil and garlic to pan and cook for about half a minute. Add zoodles and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add sausage and spinach and saute for another minute.
- Add butter and parmesan cheese and stir for a minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.