Months ago I didn't really eat beef or pork because of the fat content and calories. Now that I am low carb I am up for trying different cuts of meat, especially beef. I never really knew what kinds of beef to buy because I used to just get what I knew growing up. It was always those thin minute steaks that my mom would make with vinegar, onions and pepper (bistec encebollado).
I got an amazing opportunity to sample three items of my choice from Certified Steak and Seafood Company so I went with cuts I have never cooked before. I got a NY Strip, Beef Short Ribs and T-
Bone Steak. It was a bit hard picking just the right combo of meats because they had so many different ones to chose from. Not to mention some amazing seafood too!
I decided to tackle the New York Strip first and this is how I cooked it:
Perfect NY Strip
- New York Strip
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tblsp butter
- Fully defrost your NY strip safely in the refrigerator. Thirty minutes before you are ready to cook your strip remove from the refrigerator and set aside.
- Turn on your oven to 400 degrees. Mix the seasonings and set aside until you are ready to cook.
- Remove the strip from the plastic packaging and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with mixed seasoning on both sides.
- Get a small frying pan really hot and then add some olive oil. Add your strip and cook on medium high heat for about 4 minutes. Remove from pan and place on baking pan cooked side up.
- Place butter on top and place in the oven for about 6 minutes for medium. Cook for less or more depending on how you like your meat cooked.
- Enjoy with a nice side salad.
Go to Certified Steak and Seafood Company to see all of the amazing and high quality products they offer.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.