We have been officially trying to conceive baby #2 for three months now. Three months seemed so long for me because my husband and I are both older in age. My daughter is 3 and I would love for her future sibling to be close in age to her. After thinking about it for a while I decided that I am no longer going to stress about it. I know from experience that stress can a be a big factor in problems conceiving. So this is what I am doing to prevent it.
1. Meditate or Exercise - When I feel stress coming on I try to hit the gym and speed walk it off. I just put my headphones on to my favorite music and walk as fast as I can. Within minutes I am into the song and forgetting about what started the stress. When I can't make it to the gym or outside I tell my husband to take the toddler and I sit in my favorite spot to just meditate.
2. Support Each Other - You two are the ones going through this so it makes sense to support each other. Every time I take a pregnancy test my husband is there to support me and help bump me out of sadness. He usually makes a funny joke and we just talk about having fun trying for another month.
3. Take a Vacation - Being away from routine and having fun really helps me reduce stress. It's nice to just get up whenever you want and schedule things you won't normally do like an indoor water park in the Fall. Taking a break from TTC is also helpful for my husband and I.
4. Do all of the things you want to do before adding a baby or 2nd child. - I know having two children will make things more enjoyable but sometimes harder. I want to spoil my daughter as the only child as much as I can. It is going to take time for her to get used to sharing her parents so this is the time now to make her feel extra special and to try to prepare her for a sibling.
5. Use the Right Tools - One of my favorite tools to try to conceive is the Astroglide TTC Trying to Conceive™: Not only is it a great lubricant to help keep things comfortable, but it is also has a special formula to help TTC. It has adjusted pH levels and a consistency similar to CM (cervical mucus) so it helps make the perfect environment for sperm. The pre-filled disposable applicators also make it super easy to use. Astroglide TTC™ is also more affordable than it's competitors with a retail price of $12.99.
Astroglide TTC™ sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine""