I was happy that I got to eat eggs, butter and bacon for breakfast on a keto diet. After a few days of that it can get boring. I started alternating with Bullet Proof Coffee which is a great way to get fats and energy in the morning. To alternate with my Bullet Proof Coffee I came up with a different way to eat my eggs in the morning. I was craving Mexican style eggs with tortillas so I made cheese tostadas to swap with the tortillas. To make the cheese tostadas I used the same method I created to make my cheese cups. Instead of molding them on cupcake tins I just let them set up flat.
To swap for my everyday bacon I took a link of chorizo and sliced them into coins and then cooked them until golden and crispy. I took out the chorizo and drained it onto a paper towel. I tossed the excess oil from the frying pan and just left a coat of it on the pan to cook the eggs. To make the eggs I took two whole eggs and whipped them with one thinly sliced scallion. Then I added eggs to the pan and made them into a fluffy scramble. I cubed up fresh avocado and took out my sour cream. Put everything on top the the tostadas and enjoy!
Keto Breakfast Cheese "Tostadas" (Print Recipe)
- 1 1/2 ounce shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 link Goya chorizo (my brand of choice but you can use any)
- 2 eggs
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small Hass avocado
- 1 tblsp sour cream
- For my method for the Cheese Cups to make the tostadas. Let them set flat while you make the rest of the recipe.
- Slice the chorizo into coins and fry until it is golden. Take out of the pain and drain on a paper towel. Dump out the oil set aside to cook the eggs.
- Whisk the two eggs and add the scallions. Mix well. Add to pan you used to cook the chorizo and scramble until they are cooked and fluffy.
- To assemble, place the tostadas on a plate and top with scrambled eggs, chorizo, avocado and sour cream.