When I found out that Bigelow Tea is 100% American made it made me even more proud that it is my favorite brand. Bigelow Tea's Charleston Tea Plantations is America's largest working tea garden. They even invite guests to experience the Plantation for weddings, tours and music festivals. I would definitely visit if I am ever in Charleston. Not only are they American made but they sent almost 4 million bags of tea to troops overseas with the Bigelow's Tea for Troops program.
What better way than to celebrate America's Birthday on the Fourth of July with a nice refreshing and decorative frozen pop made with #AmericasTea. I headed out to Walmart to pick up my Bigelow tea, some berries and some cute 4th of July decorations.
Fourth of July Layered Frozen Pops
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 bags of Bigelow Lemon Green Tea
- agave nectar
- Boil one cup of water and place in mug. Add the two bags of tea and let steep for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Place strawberries and 1/4 cup of cooled tea into mini blender. Blend until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh strainer. Add agave nectar to taste and mix well.
- Repeat step 2 with the blueberries.
- Mix Greek vanilla yogurt and almond milk.
- Slice apples 1/8" thin. Using a sharp paring knife or tiny star cutter, cut out little star shapes. Squeeze lemon over apple stars so that they don't discolor.
- Place stars in the bottom of the pop maker.
- Pour 1/6 of the blueberry liquid into the pop maker. Freeze the layer.
- Alternate pouring the yogurt and strawberry mixture to make red and white stripes. Make sure to freeze each layer before adding a new one.