Since I had a lot of vegetables left over from not completing the Joe Cross’ 3-Day Weekend Juice Cleanse I decided to use them up in a frittata.
I used my new Ozeri Green Earth Textured Pan because it can go in the oven because of it's silicone coated handle. I love that you can saute the veggies in the pan on the stove top and then finish cooking the eggs in the oven.
The Ozeri Green Earth Textured Pan is one of the world's first frying pans to achieve non-stick coating while remaining absolutely free of PTFE, PFOA and other harmful chemicals. Other brands use PTFE (PolyTetraFluoroEthylene), a synthetic substance that has waxy properties for their nonstick coating. The fumes from that substance can become harmful to birds, small pets and even humans when heated at high temperatures. These pans also contain PFOA (PerFluoroOctanoic Acid) which is very harmful to the environment through fumes that are released with high temperatures.
You can also cook lighter with the Ozeri Green Earth Textured Pan because of it's super non stick coating you can use as a little as half the amount of oil normally used. It is also super easy to clean. Because it is made of high quality die-cast aluminum it allows for even cooking and great browning without hot spots. The textured cooking surface creates air pockets which distribute heat underneath food to enhance cooking performance.
Healthy Vegetable Fritatta
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 5 button mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 6 egg whites
- 3 egg yolks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add oil into pan and saute the onion and pepper until softened a bit.
- Add the mushroom and continue to saute until they have softened.
- Add the kale and saute for a few minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking whisk eggs until fluffy. Add the cheeses to the eggs and mix well.
- Pour eggs over sauted vegetables and cook for a about a minute until the sides begin to set.
- Transfer your pan to the oven and let it cook for about 12-15 minutes until the middle of the frittata is set and cooked.
- Slide onto an a plate large enough to hold the whole frittata. Take another plate place on top and turn the frittata. Slice into wedges and enjoy!