Growing up my grandma always lived with us. It was awesome always having traditional home cooked Latin food waiting for us at the table for dinner. I loved helping my grandma out and helping her prep the dishes. One of my favorites was her Carne Guisada (Beef Stew). As I got older I would prep all of the veggies that went in. As she got older I took over more and more of the cooking and learned all of her secret recipes.
I love my grandma's cooking but I always liked adding my own special twists to them. One of my favorite things to add to my recipes is Chipotle Sauce. It gives it just the right amount of smokiness and spicy kick.
I love that that I can find La Morena products at my local bodega to always have on hand. Sometimes I just want a hearty traditional Puerto Rican meal that reminds me of home but with my chipotle or jalapeno kick.
Carne Guisada with a #VivaLaMorena Kick
- 1 pound Beef Stew meat
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sofrito
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup La Morena Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
- 1 handful chopped fresh cilantro
- Add everything to an electric pressure cooker* and mix. Add enough water to just about cover the ingredients.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Let the pressure naturally escape for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and use brown setting to cook on high and thicken the sauce.
- Serve on top of rice and beans. For an extra kick top with pickled jalapenos!
Which one of your recipes would you add a La Morena Twist to?