Before the start of my weight loss journey my breakfast sandwiches consisted of bacon, egg and cheese on a buttered bagel. Now instead of butter I use avocado and instead of bacon I use turkey sausage. The healthy fat from the avocado keeps me satisfied until lunchtime!
Super Green Super Healthy Breakfast Sandwich
- 1/2 small Hass avocado
- 1 turkey sausage patty
- 1 egg
- handful of fresh baby spinach, washed
- light multi-grain English muffin
- Toast English muffin.
- Cook turkey sausage until it is fully done and remove from pan.
- Add spinach to the same pan you cooked the sausage in and cook until wilted.
- Remove the spinach and cook the egg to your liking.
- While egg is cooking peel avocado and mash with a fork.
- Spread avocado on both sides of toasted English muffin.
- Add spinach, sausage and egg and top with remaining English muffin.