I try to get my daily walks in first thing in the morning. If I don't I find myself getting distracted and working on my to do list for the day and the exercise gets thrown to the back burner and almost forgotten. After long nights of working from home I need my favorite McCafé coffee to give me that extra pep to walk around with my toddler.
As I was doing some grocery shopping at Walmart I hit my favorite sugar-free syrup section and bam right in front of my eyes were bags of McCafé coffee! I got my favorite which was the French Vanilla and was super excited to try it out. McCafé coffee has always been my favorite because it is so smooth and made from the premium 100% Arabica Beans. They also come in eight different flavors so you have so many to choose from.
To be extra ready in the morning I decided to make my daughter and I mini-muffins the night before. This way I didn't have to wait to fight with my picky daughter to eat breakfast first. I made them mommy and me my making hers with a few mini chocolate chips and mines with some chia seeds. I put them in little baggies and then took them out as soon as I woke up in the morning so that they would get warmed up a bit. Then I prepared my McCafé French Vanilla coffee with a tiny bit of heavy cream and some erythritol and put it in my cute purple thermos. I took my daughter's thermos and put some warm milk in it. I put the baggies and thermos in my mommy bag and out we went for our walk.
My daughter was so excited that we got to eat breakfast outside and loved being like mommy with her own thermos. I was so happy to be able to just get up and go and get that workout out of the way. Exercising first thing in the morning gives me the extra pep and energy I need to get through my busy long days with my sweet toddler.
Mommy and Me Muffins (Printable Recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tblsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tblsp mini chocolate chips (for toddler version)
- 1 tblsp chia seeds (for mommy version)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients.
- Mix all of you wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and carefully combine. Do not over mix.
- Split batter in half and mix in chocolate chips in one half and chia seeds in the other half.
- Place in a mini-muffin tin and bake for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
What is your favorite time of the day to exercise?