Even though the Super Bowl is over my family and friends still love to come together to watch our favorite teams like the New York Rangers (congrats on already clinching a play-off spot!) and the New York Yankees and Knicks.
I love to cook fun party food that is easy eat while standing, like my Game Day Queso Fundido Sausage Picadillo Dip, some chips, pizza bites, wings and decided to get creative with some mini peppers. I wanted something more flavorful than just plain ground meat so I decided to use Farmland sausage. I used my favorite Homestyle Sausage from Farmland® because it is gluten free with no MSG. It has a burst of natural flavor with enough fat to give it the best texture! Of course being Puerto Rican I had to add that Latin flair to my stuffing by adding our staple, sofrito!.
First I prepared the peppers by washing them and cutting them in half to make little boats. Then into my pan I added some olive oil and some diced peppers, onions and mushrooms. I cooked the veggies until they were softened a bit and then took the casing off of the sausage and added it to let it brown.
Sausage and Cheese Mini Stuffed Peppers (Printable Recipe)
- 16 mini sweet peppers
- 1/2 pound Farmland® Homestyle Sausage
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 4 button mushrooms, stems removed and diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 2 tblsp tomato paste
- 2 tblsp sofrito
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
- Cut peppers in half to create small boats and take out the seeds and veins. Place into a baking pan and set aside.
- Saute the onion, mushrooms and pepper in a little bit of olive oil and cook until softened.
- Take off casings of sausage and add to vegetables.
- When sausage is fully browned add the remaining ingredients and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Take a small spoon and fill your mini peppers with the stuffing. Cover with aluminum foil and cook on 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and sprinkle the cheese on top of the peppers. Cook for 10 minutes.
This is a compensated collaboration with Farmland® and Latina Bloggers Connect. However, all opinions expressed are my own.