Now that I have been having a regular workout schedule I have started to research what foods are best to eat before and after your workout. I used to workout on an empty stomach and just learned by eating a meal with some carbs and protein it gives you the energy to work harder. I like to eat a small bowl of oatmeal with some fruit and a couple of slices of bacon. This gives me just enough energy without making me feel full or bloated.
Pineapple Coconut Macadamia Nut Frozen Pop
- 3/4 cup vanilla Silk Soy Milk
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chopped and then frozen
- 1/2 tblsp natural sweetener of choice, more or less to taste
- 2 tblsp macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 tblsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- Add Silk soy milk, coconut, pineapple and sweetener into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place macadamia nuts and coconut into a small bowl and mix together.
- Place the pop sticks and then a tablespoon of the pop liquid into each chamber. Sprinkle in about 1/2 tablespoon of the macadamia nut and coconut mix into each chamber. Fill the remaining space with the frozen pop liquid.
- Allow to freeze completely then pop out and enjoy.
**If you don't have a zoku maker you can use the plastic pop makers or small paper cups with a stick in the middle. First add a layer of the pop mix and let it freeze. Then add a layer of the coconut and macadamia mix and then fill the rest with the pop mix.
These are incredebily yummy and fun to eat after a hard workout. The protein from the Silk milk and carbs from the fruit recovers your worked muscles.
Click on the link for a coupon to save on your next container of Silk Milk.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.