I have been getting tired of just roasting, steaming or stir-frying my veggies while on the Dr. Oz Rapid Weight Loss plan. I decided to try something new and came up with the Zucchini "Pasta" Veggie "Pesto" Bowl Recipe. I turned my zucchini into pasta and added a pesto-like taste by adding basil flakes and pine nuts.
Here is how I did it:
- 1 peeled zucchini
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli (cut into florets and steamed)
- 1 tblsp of pine nuts
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 tblsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tblsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the zucchini into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler. When you start seeing the seeds rotate and repeat. You want your ribbons to have as few seeds as possible.
- Stack up the ribbons of zucchini and cut in half lengthwise.
- Set a small pot of salted water to boil.
- Add olive oil and garlic clove to pan and saute for a couple of seconds.
- Add the broccoli and mushrooms and saute until the mushrooms has softened.
- When pot of water is boiling add zucchini ribbons and cook for one minute. Drain and add to broccoli and mushrooms.
- Add dried basil, salt, pepper and pine nuts. Saute for about 4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!