I love pasta salads but can no longer eat them while I am on the Atkins Diet. I decided to create my own low carb version with the help of my favorite pasta alternative, the Zoodle!
Here is how I made my Greek Zoodle Salad:
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tblsp red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cucumber, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ cup radish, diced
- ½ cup kalamata olives, chopped
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 zuchinni made into zoodles
- Whisk the first six ingredients until well blended.
- Cook zucchini in boiling water for 30 seconds. Immediately transfer to a bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Mix the dressing again and toss into the bowl.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Makes 4 servings - 7.8 net carbs per serving.