Last week I showed you how I made my daughter's Christmas Skirt. I wanted to create a simple hair band to go with the skirt and this is what I came up with.
- 2 inch black satin ribbon
- scrap gold fabric
- scrap red velvet fabric
- fusible web
- plain hair band
- hot glue gun
- Take scrap red velvet fabric and wrap around headband. Hot glue ends in place.
- Draw a one inch square. Draw 1/4" inch lines on each side of square. Draw another 1/4" line on right and left side of square.
- Place the buckle template underneath a piece of fusible web paper side up. Cut out and place on the wrong side of the gold fabric. Iron on and cut out the template you traced.
- Remove paper backing and place on top of the wrong side of another gold piece of fabric. Cut out.
- Cut a piece of ribbon that is 12" long. Overlap ends by 1/2" and sew in place.
- Thread ribbon through the buckle going in from the back and out again into the back.
- Glue the "belt" bow to the headband.