Try the World is a subscription box service that sends out boxes of food items in the theme of a country. Every two months you get to travel through foods of the specific country that has been hand selected by an expert chef. The box is full of 6-7 items that are staples of that country and a guide that gives information and even recipes to use the items right away.
I got to the sample the Buenos Aires, Argentina box that was chocked full of items I wanted to try all at once. First of all I loved how beautifully packed the box was. It came in a sweet teal box that was heavy duty and beautifully lined. I will be recycling the box as storage. I received the following items:
Everything was really delicious and I really enjoyed trying out the red wine and honey sauce with turkey tenderloin. I spread the Dulce De Leche onto the Sweet and Salty butter cookies and at was the prefect complement of sweet with a little bit of saltiness. I took chimichurri sauce and olive spead to create the sandwich below.
Chimichurri Roast Beef Sandwich
- 1 brioche bun
- 2 ounces roast beef
- 1 ounce smoked gouda, sliced
- 2 tblsp chimichurri sauce, more or less to taste
- 1 tblsp olive spread
- Lightly heat up the roast beef by tossing it into a small pan. Turn off the heat and immediately add the sliced cheese to the top. Cover and let the cheese melt.
- Spread the bun with the chimichurri sauce on both sides. Please the roast beef and gouda on top of the bottom side of the bun.
- Top with olive spread and place bun on top.
Check out the Try The World website for more information and to purchase a subscription. I hear the next box is coming from Japan so I am excited to see what's inside that box.