I started my current weight loss journey on 8/31/2015 and have lost 45 pounds so far. I can not count the number of times I have been on a diet before. This time it has come so easy to me because I feel like I am losing weight without a lot of effort. These are the steps I am taking to continue being successful in 2016.
1. Plan - When I plan my meals for the day and the exercise I am going to do I almost always stick to it. It is easy to stock up on any ingredients you are going to need and to make sure you have snacks and foods on hand to stay on plan. I also try to plan my exercise a month in advance. It took me a few months to really get into my exercise routine and a program like Fé Fit that does the planning for you, really helps.
2. Track - It is so important to track what you eat and track your activity. By tracking what you eat you can make sure that you stay within the calorie/carb/fat range you are supposed to be in. I love using the My Fitness Pal app to track my calories and carbs. In the beginning it can seem a little tedious but once you add your own recipes and regular foods it gets easier because you can always copy past meals and recipes. Tracking activity with a fitness tracker like a FitBit is important for me because it gives me the motivation to take extra steps and makes me feel good to see how many calories I have burned when I exercise.
3. Recipes - I started my weight loss journey in the fall which was extremely hard with all the holidays coming up. I went through Halloween, Thanksgiving, My Niece's Birthday, Christmas and New Year's Eve without one single cheat. Since I enjoy the foods and recipes I make on my Ketogenic diet I don't even feel the need to cheat. Whenever I have an urge for something I go onto YouTube or Pinterest to find a keto/low-carb version. If I can't find one I go into the kitchen and experiment.
4. Exercise - I wouldn't start exercising until you have the food portion of your diet mastered. You want to make sure to concentrate on the food first, finding recipes and staying within your calorie range. After a couple of weeks into your journey add more activity like taking extra walks or dancing around everyday. A couple of months in add exercise routines from DVDs or YouTube. Then you can start going to the gym or find an exercise program you can add to your calendar.
5. Water - It is so important to drink at least 8 cups of water a day. It helps keep you fuller and keeps your digestion regular. If you don't like water try drinking it ice cold or adding lemon or cucumbers to flavor the water. Buy a fun water bottle and make a note of how many times you have to drink and refill it to equal at least 64 ounces of water. I love to track my water intake with my Weight Loss Command Center.
Share Your Favorite Weight Loss Tip in the Comments!