I love Pinterest because of all the creative recipes I have found. I usually just tuck them away in my Healthy Recipes folder and forget about them. I finally decided to make the Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream I found in this pin from the Damn Delicious Blog. I love that the recipe has a homemade teriyaki marinade and what I loved even more was that I had all the ingredients already.
The marinade was super easy to do and I let it marinate overnight. Then I baked it in the oven for about 20 minutes. I made the Sriracha cream but omitted the sweet condensed milk it called for.
Since I was splurging on carbs with the sweet teriyaki sauce I decided to make a nice light, low-carb side to go with it. Out came the zoodles that I make with my Slice-A-Roo.
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 stalk green onion, thinly sliced
- Use a vegetable spiraler to make noodles out of the zucchini.
- Heat the oil a pan and add everything except for the zucchini.
- Cook for 1/2 a minute then add the zucchini.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and remove from pan. You don't want the zucchini to over cook and become mushy.