I am a dessert lover so when I decided to try the Atkins and go low carb I know I needed to find some desserts that I could have while on the plan. The first couple of months I did the Atkins I relied on their bars to get my sweet fix. I have since moved on to creating low calorie desserts myself.
One of my favorite desserts is cheesecake! I love the no bake kind that is super soft and smooth. It can be kind of hard to bake the perfect cheesecake with ovens being so temperamental (at least mines is) so I have always loved the no bake kind.
I decided to put my new bag of xylitol natural sweetener to good use with this no bake low carb cheesecake. I also wanted some kind of crust and crunch so I decided to use these mixed nuts my husband got for Christmas instead of high carb graham crackers. All I did was crushed them, added some xylitol and cinnamon and a little bit of butter. It really added a nice little sweet and buttery crumb layer.
Because the granules of the xylitol are somewhat bigger than regular table sugar I decided to whiz it in my little Bella blender for a few seconds. It powdered up really nicely and made it super easy for me mix into the cream cheese.
- 1 tblsp mixed nuts
- pinch cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Morning Pep Xylitol
- 1 tsp softened butter
- 1 ounce softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tblsp Morning Pep Xylitol
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Mix all of the crust ingredients very well and place in the bottom of a small glass jar or cup.
- Place xylitol in a small blender and blend for a few seconds until it is powdered.
- Using a hand mixer whip the heavy cream into a small bowl until it forms peaks.
- In a medium bowl place cream cheese, vanilla and xylitol and using a mixer, whip until it is creamy. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon into jar on top of crust and enjoy!
3.6 Net Carbs