I have successfully been following a Ketogenic diet for a month and a half. With a Keto diet you eat lots of fats, some protein and a small amount of carbs. I have been hitting my daily carb and fats goals but have been having trouble with my daily protein goal. Now that I am really incorporating intense workouts with the D28 Fitness Program it is important that I meet this goal.
I wanted something fast and that tasted good so I was happy to try the Zahler's Reach Vanilla Whey Protein Powder. I wanted it to be really creamy so I placed it into my shaker bottle with some unsweetened almond milk. I have tasted a lot of protein powders and this one has to be one of my favorites in flavor and texture. It is also a huge plus that this one is sweetened with stevia.
One day I was low on protein and had a craving for a milkshake so this is what I came up with.
Low Carb / Keto Vanilla Coconut "Shake"
- 1 scoop of Zahler Reach Vanilla Whey Protein Shake Powder
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (place in refrigerator the day before you make this recipe)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- unsweetened coconut flakes (for garnish, optional)
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse until super smooth.
- Pour into a glass cup and enjoy with a fun straw.