It has been 4 days since I have been on the Dr. Oz Rapid Weight Loss Plan. There are lots of limitations so I couldn't use any of my old healthy recipes. I had to think quick to make things I would enjoy so I would stick to the plan. I decided I wanted a veggie stir fry that tasted good. This is how I did it.
Cashew Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen vegetables (I used the broccoli, cauliflower and carrot blend)
- 1/2 of a small onion
- 4 button mushrooms
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- a couple of drops of sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger (or a sprinkle of ground)
- 2 tblsp of chopped cashews
- Place frozen vegetables in microwave and cook using package directions (You can also use fresh. I used frozen for convenience during lunch time).
- Chop onion and mushrooms into about 1/4 inch pieces
- In sauté pan add olive oil, sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Keep mixing around until garlic sizzles a little. Add mushrooms and onion and sauté stirring often while frozen veggies are cooking.
- Drain frozen veggies and add to sauté pan with onion and mushrooms.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on medium heat until all veggies are coated with the oils.
- Serve with 1/2 cup of brown rice (optional) and sprinkle the cashews on top of the stir-fry.
Dr. Oz 2 Week Rapid Weight-Loss Plan
Dr. Oz 2 Week Rapid Weight-Loss Plan - Day 1
Dr. Oz 2 Week Rapid Weight-Loss Plan - Day 3