If you haven't already, please read my previous post on DIY Abby Cadabby Birthday Party: Boutique Style Birthday Hat #Tutorial . There you can see pictures of the party and a tutorial on the Boutique Style Birthday Hat.
I found these cute little Abby Cadabby Party Favor boxes for the kids that I needed to fill. I added some snacks, stickers, and a Sesame Street mini activity book. I needed to fill them a little more so I decided to hit the dollar store and see what I found there. I couldn't find anything that quite matched my theme so I took some mini clay and bubble containers and personalized them. The best thing was that they were each 5 for a dollar or 20 cents a piece!
This is how I did it:
- Dollar items you can personalize
- Double sided tape
- I measured the existing label of each item. Using an image editor (I used Paint Shop Pro 9) open a new file the same size you just measured.
- Using the fill tool, color the image the color you want it.
- Use the shape tool to put some stars around the background.
- Add a an image of Abby Cadabby (or any character you chose, I just did an image search on Google)
- Use the text tool to add some text. (I added "Thanks for coming to my party!")
- Print out as many as you need to cover all of your favors.
- Cut out carefully and using double side tape, tape onto party favor.