I love Pasta Salads. I love going to this deli to get their Greek pasta salad. It has spinach, pasta, olives, feta, peppers and this delicious vinaigrette. That deli is pretty far from me so I decided to start making it myself. It came out pretty close. I set out to make the salad again but didn't have any of the ingredients on hand and was not going to go out in the freezing rain. I decided to just use what I had in my fridge instead.
This is what I put in my pasta salad:
- Penne Pasta
- Medium Shrimp
- Button Mushrooms
- Orange Bell Pepper
- Baby Kale
- Feta Cheese
- Grape Tomatoes
- Greek Vinaigrette
This is how I did it:
- Boil a pot of water and add some salt to cook the penne.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Clean all of your vegetables. Slice the mushrooms. Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus and cut into 2 inch long pieces. Cut the pepper into match sticks and slice the grape tomatoes in half.
- By now the water should be boiling so add the pasta and shrimp. Follow the box instructions to make al dente pasta. When there is about 4 minutes left for the pasta to be done I add the asparagus into the water with the pasta. When there is 2 minutes left I added the peppers.
- Throw the baby kale into the colander you are going to use to strain the pasta and veggies. This way the kale will wilt a little bit. Strain the pasta and veggies. Don't overcook the pasta.
- Place pasta and veggies into a big bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- I added about 2 tablespoons of the Greek vinaigrette. You can add more or less to your taste.
- Let chill for an hour so all the flavors can meld together.
What do you like in your pasta salad?