I love chicken lo mein and used to always order it when I had Chinese take out. I made a healthier version by making it myself and using high fiber whole-wheat noodles. While it was good and lower in calories it still had tons of carbs.
When I am on the Dr. Oz Rapid Weight Loss Plan I substitute zucchini for pasta noodles. If you read my posts before for the Zucchini "Pasta" Veggie "Pesto" Bowl Recipe you saw all the steps I had to go through to get fettuccine like noddles. It took about 3 steps that made noodles that were all different sizes.
Things got easier when I got to try the Slice-A-Roo. It is an awesome slicing machine that allows you to curl, slice and shred vegetables and fruits like apples. It is super easy to use and interchange the blades.
It even has a little storage compartment for the extra blades.
First I peeled the zucchini then I used the curl blade to make my zucchini noodles.
To find out more about Big Boss Slice-A-Roo click here: http://bigbosskitchen.com/slice-roo Big Boss also has alot of other amazing products. Check them out here: http://www.bigbosskitchen.com Enter for a chance to win your own slice-a-roo in the giveaway widget below!
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 zucchini peeled and shredded into noodles
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tblsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 4 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 tblsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Place olive oil into pan and add garlic and chicken. Stir fry until chicken is completely cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add broccoli to pan and stir fry for about five minutes. Add the carrots and stir fry for another minute. Add mushroom and zucchini "noodles" and stir fry for a minute.
- Add cooked chicken back into pan.
- In a small jar add the remaining ingredients, close with a lid and shake until well combined. Add to pan and cook until sauce has thickened a little bit.