This is the last part of the Quiet Book How To Series. You can check out my posts below to make my previous pages.
Picture Page and Numbers Part 1 Page
Numbers Part 2 Page and Shapes Part 1 Page
Shapes Part 2 and Paper Doll Part 1 Page
Paper Doll Part 2 and Barnyard Part 1 Page
Barnyard Part 2 Page and Doll Face Part 1 Page
Doll Face Page 2 and Purse Page
From now on we will be making two pages, a front and back. The front is the Matching Color Flower Page and the back is the blank back page of the book. I got the idea from this pin for the flower page.
Matching Color Flower Page
- 9” x 12” felt in cream.
- Scraps of felt in red, purple, yellow, green, orange and brown.
- Big buttons in red, blue, yellow, green and orange
- Sewing machine
- Flower page template
- Print out the flower template and cut out each piece.
- Pin flower onto all the colors of felt except for cream and brown and cut out.
- Pin matching flowers together and sew all around. Repeat for each flower.
- Place a button in the middle of each flower and using a disappearing fabric marker place a point on the top and button of the button. Connect the dots with a line.
- Sew a buttonhole in the middle of each flower.
- Place flower pot top and bottom onto brown felt and cut out. Pin the bottom of the flower pot to the bottom of the light cream felt sheet. Sew all around.
- Place the buttons where you want each flower to go. Sew the buttons onto the cream felt sheet.
- Take flower stem template, pin to green felt and cut out 5 strips. Using little strips of fusible web iron on stems from button to flower pot.
- Take flower pot top and pin on top of flower pot bottom. Sew all around.
- Button flowers onto it's matching button.
- 9" x 12" felt in purple
- 4 sheets of cardstock
- 2 grommets
- Take the matching color flower page and the purple page and sandwich them together. The flower page should be on top and the purple page behind. Stitch a 1/4" seam around 3 sides of the two pages of felt.
- Slip all of the card stock sheets into the opening of the felt pages you just sewed. Sew the opening shut.
- Place grommets 3 inches down from top and bottom on the left side with the flower page facing up.
- Attach to the rest of the pages using the rings.