I wanted to finish the look of my the quiet book from my How-To Series so I decided to make a cover. I got inspiration from Serving Pink Lemonade.
Quiet Book Cover
- 1 yard of fleece
- Sewing machine
- Cut fleece into two rectangles that are "12 1/2" x 21 1/2 ". Cut two more rectangles that are 1 1/2" x 3 3/4".
- Take the two smaller pieces of fleece sandwich together and sew all around. Take a 1/2" square of Velcro and sew on to one of the ends of the rectangle you just sewed.
- Take two larger rectangles and sandwich together. Take smaller rectangle and pin to the middle of the right side. Make sure Velcro is on out side and facing down. Sew all around using a 1/4" seam.
- Fold in half and place a pin on the top and bottom of the fold to mark the middle. Go down 2 1/4" inches from top and bottom of pin and mark. Place another mark 1/4" from the left and right side of the mark.
- Using the 4 marks you made last make a buttonhole on each mark.
- Place remaining piece of Velcro to match other end of Velcro and sew in place.
- Place rings through button holes and add all of the pages.