I love putting bows on my little girl. The bigger the better! When I found out I was having a girl I scoured the internet for the cute boutique bows that I have seen all over. When I found out how much they cost I decided to make them myself.
Easter Boutique Bow Tutorial
- 1 1/2" purple ribbon
- 7/8" pink ribbon
- 7/8" light blue ribbon
- 3/8" white ribbon
- pink thread
- scraps of felt in pink and purple
- glue gun
- silver claw clip
- Take the 7/8" ribbons and cut into 5" strips. You want to cut three of each color. Cut the 1 1/2" purple ribbon into 18" inches.
- Fan out the strips of 5" ribbon alternating colors. Sew a running stitch down the middle. Pull tightly and sew through and wrap around a few times. Sew through one more time and cut and knot thread ends.
- Take 1" purple ribbon and form into figure 8. Bring the top and bottom of the "8" towards the middle and pinch together. Sew the middle, wrap around a few times and then sew through again. Cut and knot the thread ends.
- Hot glue the purple bow on top of the fanned strips.
- Cut pink felt into a 2" x 4" inch square. Fold in half and hot glue closed. Cut into an egg shape. Cut thin strips of purple felt and hot glue to egg. Trim strips from egg.
- Hot glue to the middle of the bow.
- Hot glue white ribbon to clip.
- Hot glue covered clip to the back of the bow.