This is the fifth part of the Quiet Book How To Series. You can check out my posts below to make my previous pages.
Picture Page and Numbers Part 1 Page
Numbers Part 2 Page and Shapes Part 1 Page
Shapes Part 2 and Paper Doll Part 1 Page
From now on we will be making two pages, a front and back. The front is part 2 of the Paper Doll Page. The back page is part 1 of the Barnyard Page.
Paper Doll Part 2 Page
- 3 sheets of 9" x 12" felt in cream, dark pink, and white
- scraps of felt in light pink, light brown, dark pink and black
- Black Sharpie or fabric marker
- Fusible Web
- Sewing Machine
- Cut a 4" x 12" strip from the dark pink. Place on top of the cream sheet and line up to the bottom and side edges. Sew top of edge of the pink strip. This is the rug of the room.
- Draw the following shapes onto the paper side of the fusible web: 6" x 4" (dresser), 4 1/2" x 4" (inside pocket) and 3- 1" x 3" (drawers). Iron onto the white felt. Cut out all of the pieces.
- Iron on the drawers to the dresser. Sew on a little piece of velcro to the bottom of the dresser. Sew around each drawer.
- Draw 6 little circles (for the drawer knobs) on the paper side of the fusible web. Cut out and iron onto the light pink felt. Iron on the knobs onto the drawers.
- Place inside pocket where you want the dresser to be and sew the sides and bottom onto the cream page. Sew the remaining piece of Velcro to the bottom of the pocket.
- Place dresser on top of pocket so that the bottoms match up. Pin and sew a straight line 1/4" from the top of the dresser.
- Draw a little lamp and teddy bear on the paper side of the fusible web. (You can add whatever you want to the top of the dresser or leave it blank). Iron on to the light pink, light brown, dark pink and black. Cut each piece out.
- Iron on the teddy bear and lamp details. Iron on the teddy bear and lamp onto the top of the dresser.
- Place the clothes you made from the previous page inside the dresser pocket.
- 2 sheets of 9" x 12" felt in light blue and green
- scraps of felt in yellow, red, orange, pink, dark pink, white black
- Farm Animal Finger Puppet Template (from Homemade By Jill)
- Fusible Web
- Sewing Machine
- Cut out a piece of green felt to look like a hill.
- Pin on top of the light blue felt sheet and sew on the top of the hill.
- Draw a circle for the sun and little triangles for the rays on the paper side of fusible web. Iron onto yellow felt and cut out. Iron onto top of light blue page.
- Draw two cloud shapes on the paper side of fusible web and iron on to white felt. Cut out and iron onto light blue page.
- Print out Farm Animal Finger Puppet Template and cut out farm animal base. Pin to a double layer of the yellow felt and cut out. Repeat the steps for the light pink and white felt.
- Cut out horns and ears of cow, ears of pig, and chicken top and place on top of respective colors. Cut out each shape.
- Place fusible web on top of the details of the animals and trace onto paper side. Iron on shape to respective colors and cut out. Iron on details to each animal.
- Cut a tiny piece of fusible web and iron on to the bottom of each ear, horn and chicken top. Iron on each piece to the back base of it's respective animal.
- Sandwich each base of the animals and sew around the sides and top leaving the bottom open.
- 4 sheets of card stock
- 2 grommets
- Take the two completed pages and sandwich them together. The paper doll page should be on top and the barnyard page behind. Stitch a 1/4" seam around 3 sides of the two pages of felt.
- Slip all of the card stock sheets into the opening of the felt pages you just sewed. Sew the opening shut.
- Place grommets 3 inches down from top and bottom on the left side with the paper doll page facing up.
- Attach to the rest of the pages using the rings.