We have this at least once a week. I called it a dip because instead of using taco shells or tortillas I eat them with tortilla chips. I think it's fun to eat and takes longer to finish when you use chips. If you are watching carbs you can eat the dip on lettuce cups.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 cups black beans (I use cooked dry beans but you can use canned just drain and rinse)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 large mushrooms, diced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 tblsp onion powder
- 1 tblsp garlic powder
- 2 tblsp Goya softrito*
- 1/2 tblsp oregano
- 1/2 tblsp Goya adobo**
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Add all vegetables into pan and saute until the veggies have softened.
- Add turkey and cook until completely brown.
- Add seasonings and cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce and black beans.
- Cook on low heat stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and your favorite taco condiments.
*If you can't find the Goya adobo just add a little bit of salt to taste.
**If you can't find the Goya sofrito take a handful of cilantro chop and add at the end.