My daughter loves playing pretend by wearing tiaras, hats and jewelry. She got some cute play jewelry as a gift but I had to quickly take them away when they broke into small pieces. I decided to make something safer and more durable.
- 3 sheets of felt, 2 in pink and 1 in purple
- Wax paper
- Sewing Machine
- Fusible Web
- Hot glue gun
- 1 purple and 1 pink pom pom
- Fold one of the pink felt sheets in half and place some fusible web in between layers. Peel paper and fuse layers together.
- Print out template. Place a piece of wax paper, matte side up on top of all of the pieces on template except for diamond shapes and trace around. Place the traced wax paper shiny side down onto felt pieces and iron on. Make sure to iron on tiara to the double layered felt. Cut around all of the pieces. Peel off the wax paper.
- Take a piece of fusible web and place on top of diamond pieces on template paper side up. Trace all around.
- Iron on fusible web to colors of felt you want the diamond pieces to be. Cut out and set aside.
- With a warm iron fuse the diamond pieces to the crown. You can sew some edge stitching around the accent pieces to make it more durable.
- For ring, hot glue pom pom onto middle. Sew a small piece of velcro on each end of ring.
- For the necklace and the bracelet, place circles in a row and over lap them by 1/4" inch. Pin them in place and sew a straight or decorative stitch down the middle.
- Sew a small piece of Velcro on to both ends of bracelet.
- Sew a 10" piece of ribbon to each of the ends of the tiara and necklace.