I have been substituting healthier ingredients into my old recipes like agave syrup for white sugar and almond milk for whole milk. I recently got a chance to try Cacao powder so I decided to create a healthy chocolate pudding out of it.
Cacao powder is so much better for you than just cocoa powder. Pure Natural Cacao is an Antioxidant Superfood Rich in Magnesium, Potassium, Iron, Copper & other Nutrients that can help keep you healthy.The minerals & flavonoids in Freedom Superfoods is highly alkalizing so it can help with sleep and energy. Some people who have tried the Cacao powder have noticed a decrease in appetite.
Healthy Dark Chocolate Coconut Chia Pudding
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 3 tblsp cacao powder
- 16 drops liquid Stevia
- 1/4 chia seed
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- coconut flakes (optional: for garnish)
- Mix all of the ingredients except for the coconut flakes and agave syrup. I use a mason jar, cover it and shake it to mix.
- Place in the refridgerator for at least 6 hours.
- Drizzle in agave and mix. If you want it thicker place back in the fridge and let sit longer.
- Divide into two dessert cups and sprinkle with coconut flakes to garnish.
The Freedom SuperFoods Cacao powder is delivered in a heavy-duty, re-sealable stand-up pouch. This makes it easy to store and doesn't take up much space. Also helps your cacao stay fresh. When you order now, know that you're protected by a 60 day, no questions ask money back guarantee - even if you return the pouch completely empty. You can purchase your own bag of cacao powder on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/cacao-powder-raw-organic-non-fermented/dp/b00ho22m2g/
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.