My husband and I have been on this Keto weight loss journey since August 31. We have both been strictly on this diet without any cheats for over 19 weeks now. I think a huge part of our success is that I search the internet and YouTube to find yummy recipes that we can enjoy. I love vegetables but he doesn't so I wanted to find a way for him to get some veggies in for the fiber. He loves cheese sauce but I didn't like all the questionable ingredients in his favorite jar so I decided to make a homemade one.
This cheese sauce is so decadent, savory and cheesy that a little bit goes a long way. It is perfect to dip broccoli, zucchini or cauliflower in. I have also been known to pour a little over my cauliflower mash. This sauce stores easily in a mason jar in the refrigerator. I like to just take a couple of spoons and put in a ramekin to heat up in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds.
Keto Cheese Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 oz mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese (try to find one with 1g of carbs per serving)
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated cheese
- 5 tbsp heaving whipping cream
- guar guar gum (optional: a pinch to thicken)
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and cream cheese on low heat. Add the heavy whipping cream and mix well.
- Add the cheddar cheese a little at a time, stirring until it melts. Add the parmesan cheese and stir until it melts.
- Optional: Sprinkle a pinch or two of the guar guar gum and stir well. You may be able to substitute xanthan gum to thicken but I haven't tried it so if you have it you can experiment with the same amount. If you don't have any of the gums you can leave it out for a thinner sauce.