Ice cream is one of my favorite treats. While I have been enjoying frozen pops as a dessert lately I have been craving a spoon of creamy delight. I just purchased a frozen fruit dessert maker and decided to have fun trying different recipes. This is what I came up with.
Healthy Berry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp liquid stevia
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp mini chocolate chips
- Mix yogurt, stevia and vanilla and pour into an ice cube tray. Freeze for about 2 hours.
- Alternate placing berries and yogurt cubes into dessert maker.
- Add most of the chocolate chips and fold in.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.