This is a nice healthy meal that is super filling. My husband likes going to Chipotle for lunch but the prices are too high for my liking. I decided to make my own version that my husband can take to work.
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 large portobello mushroom, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 tblsp garlic powder
- 1 tblsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup Goya sofrito (you can use chopped fresh cilantro if you can't find it)
- 1 heaping tblsp tomato paste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Toppings like: shredded lettuce, tomato, sour cream (I use plain nonfat Greek yogurt), shredded cheese, etc.
- Add oil and saute the pepper until softened.
- Add carrots and mushrooms and saute for a couple minutes more.
- Add turkey and saute until there is almost no pink left.
- Add seasonings and sofrito. Continue to cook turkey until it is fully cooked.
- Add beans and tomato paste and cook for 2 more minutes until beans are heated through.
- Place rice in the bottom of the bowl, top with meat mixture then the toppings that you like.
Nutritional Information does not include toppings.