My daughter is so into puzzles right now. I wanted to make a puzzle where she could also practice her shapes and colors. I am a pretty proud mama because my daughter knows tons of colors and shapes including pentagons and octagons. Being a former teacher I always reinforce what she already knows. Instead of just putting photos on the craft sticks like I have seen all over the place I decided to put shapes and colors.
- Click on each printable and save. Open up the file, click on print and chose the fit option. Cut each shape out.
- Place 11 craft sticks side by side and tape together so that they don't move around. You want to leave a slight little space in between each stick so that they are easier to cut apart.
- Place glue on back of shape and spread evenly with the foam brush.
- Center onto taped craft sticks.
- Use credit card to smooth out the shape onto the craft sticks.
- Let dry for at least 30 minutes.
- Use the exacto knife to cut each stick apart.
- Repeat steps 3-7 for the remaining shapes.
I like to mix all of the puzzles together and have her sort them by color first. Then I help her work on each puzzle.