I have been seeing these super cool ice molds all over the place. One of my favorite celebrity chefs, Geoffrey Zakarian uses these huge ice cubes in his cocktail recipes. I don't drink so I decided to make myself a fun drink with the Ice Ball Molds.
I gave up soda but I still allow myself to have some seltzer water with a squeeze of lemon when I get the urge. I thought it would be fun to try it with some fruit puree ice balls.
I love how the large ice ball slowly dissolves and gives me a nice fruity taste without watering down the seltzer like an ordinary ice cube would.
The Ice Ball Molds come in packs of three with a funnel. All you have to do is put the two halves of the ice ball molds together, place the funnel in the hole on top and pour in your liquid. Place in the freezer and wait until they are frozen solid. Separate the ball halves and pop out the ice balls.
Refreshing Fruit Soda
1/2 cup pitted cherries
1/4 cup blackberries
1/4 cup blueberries
1/2 cup water
3 cups plain seltzer water.
- Place all of the fruit and water in a blender and blend until it is completely liquefied.
- Run through a fine mesh strainer to get any remaining solids and seeds out.
- Place funnel in hole of ice ball mold and carefully pour in fruit puree to the fill line.
- Place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Pour seltzer water into glass cup.
- Pop out one of the fruit puree ice balls and place in cup with seltzer.
To find out more about the Ice Ball Molds visit their website: http://www.ice-ball-mold.com. You can also order them on Amazon.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.