When my daughter first started on solids I scoured Pinterest to find baby food recipes. There was one site that I kept going back to, Nurture Baby. It is an awesome site with healthy recipes for babies up to toddlers. One of my daughter's favorite recipes from this site is the Creamy Chicken Florentine.
The great thing about the site is the recipes have enough servings that you can make ahead and freeze for later. I would always have several completed recipes on hand in my freezer. If I was planning on eating out or something she couldn't eat, I had a healthy alternative in the freezer. I also used to pop a couple of the servings in a freezer bag and leave them in my mom's house so that my daughter could have a nutritious meal without my mom having to do any work.
To make these freezer ready:
- Click on the link and follow the yummy and easy recipe for the Creamy Chicken Florentine. I halved the recipe and it made 6 toddler sized servings.
- Completely cool the Creamy Chicken Florentine that you just made.
- Take silicone cupcake baking cups (I bought mine at Michael's) and fill to the top. For babies you can use ice cube trays.
- Place full cupcake baking cups on top of a cookie sheet. Place in freezer and freeze for about one hour.
- When fully frozen pop out of the silicone baking cups and place into a freezer storage bag.
- Label the freezer bag with name and date.
*I cook it on low heat in a small sauce pan to reheat and serve after frozen.