My daughter love books. She has this big number and counting book that she will go through everyday counting the different pictures, saying the different shapes and naming a lot of the items. I have been seeing these quiet books all over Pinterest and decided to make one for my baby. I will be posting each page I make and how to made it.
Quiet Book Title Page
- 4 sheets of 9" x 12" felt in the colors of your choice
- 4 sheets of card stock paper
- fusible web
- sewing machine
- matching thread
- 2 ring clasps
- 2 grommets
- Using a large thick font, type out "Baby's Quiet Book" on to a program like Word. You want the words to be big enough to take almost the whole width of the paper. Using the printer settings print words in mirror image.
- Cut a piece of fusible web large enough to cover the letters you just printed. Place printed paper under fusible web. You should be able to see the letters through the fusible web. Trace the letters.
- Place fusible web on top of the color of felt you want the letters be and iron. Let cool slightly then cut the letters out.
- Peel paper backing from letters and place on top of felt color you want to be the front of the book. Iron on until the letters are fully attached. (Make sure to put the iron on low because if it is too high it can melt the felt.)
- Place on top of felt sheet you want to be the back of the cover page.
- Stitch a 1/4" seam around 3 sides of the two pieces of felt.
- Slip all of the card stock sheets into the opening of the felt squares you just sewed. Sew the opening shut.
- Place grommets 3 inches down from top and bottom.
- Place rings into grommets.
** Stay tuned for my next tutorial where I will be making a fun page for number matching.