I wanted to make something cute to place on the wall of my daughter's room. Since she is such a daddy's little girl I decided to scour Pinterest for some ideas. I came up with this pin which is beautiful but I knew I could do it myself. If you don't want to do it yourself you can definitely check out the website attached to the pin.
This is my version:
- white acrylic paint
- black acrylic paint
- several sheets of card stock
- picture frame
- foam brush
- black marker
- Take parent's hand and using black paint and foam brush, paint entire palm and fingers. Place hand on card stock and gently press each finger and palm onto card stock. You want to make sure you press from the very tips of the fingers all the way down to where the wrist is. You don't want to go too thick with the paint because you want to see some of the lines and wrinkles. In anticipation of not getting my daughter's print the first time I had my husband make several prints on different sheets. I think we did a total of four prints.
- Let air dry completely. I let mine dry over night but a few hours should be plenty.
- Take baby's hand and paint with the white paint using a clean foam brush. Carefully hover hand inside parent's palm print. You want to center it as much as possible. Press down gently like above. It took us a couple of times to get it just right.
- Let air dry completely.
- Using card stock print out printable. To print the printable: Click on the link, Download, then Direct Download. Save onto your computer where you can easily find it. Then Open the file, press File.. Print and pick the Actual size option.
- Using a marker print the names your want, Daddy and Me, Daddy and Name of Child, etc.
- Using double stick tape, tape title to artwork.
- Place inside frame and hang!
If you create one of these I would love to see it! Please add your link in the comments :)