I love chocolate covered in almost anything. Who doesn't right? I wanted to enjoy Valentine's Day without doing too much damage so I opted for chocolate covered strawberries. Since doing the Dr. Oz Rapid Weight Loss Diet I have been eating a lot of nuts. Everytime I feel a little hungry I go an grab a small handful of nuts. I decided to incorporate these into my chocolate covered strawberries.
Nutty Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 10 strawberries
- 2 ounces of dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tblsp pecans
- 1 tblsp sliced almonds
- 1 tblsp cashews
- I use a dip warmer that came with my crock pot to perfectly melt the chocolate. It keeps the chocolate warm and melted. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave. Make sure to check it every 10-15 seconds and stir.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the strawberries.
- Add all of your nuts into a ziploc bag and crush with a mallet or something heavy.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Take strawberries by the stem and dip into chocolate. Make sure you do it neatly and don't go to far down. You don't want the chocolate to touch the leaves. Place on top of parchment paper.
- While chocolate is still wet sprinkle nuts on top. You probably won't use all of the nuts but you need that amount to be able to sprinkle it properly.
Nutritional Information Per Strawberry (Plugged ingredients into calorie count's recipe analyzer.)