While on the Dr. Oz Rapid Weight Loss Plan I had to find some snacks that I could have fun snacking on. I have always loved chickpeas but never had them roasted. When you roast them they have a nutty, crispy, then creamy texture. They are also super good for you with tons of fiber, protein and a low glycemic index.
This is how I did it:
- 8 oz dried chickpeas
- 1/2 tblsp olive oil
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (more if you like spicy)
- 1/4 tsp salt (I like to watch my sodium, but you can add more if you want.)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- I soften my dried beans in my pressure cooker. If you don't have a pressure cooker you can put your beans in a pot of water, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until just tender.
- Drain and dry your chickpeas really well.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat well.
- Spray your pan with cooking spray and bake in the oven at 350 for about 40 minutes. Take out the pan and shake it every 10 minutes. You want the chickpeas to be nice and crunchy on the outside.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you are interested in the plan please read my previous posts on the Dr. Oz 2 Week Rapid Weight-PlanDr. Oz 2 Week Rapid Weight-Loss Plan
Dr. Oz 2 Week Rapid Weight-Loss Plan - Day 1
Dr. Oz 2 Week Rapid Weight-Loss Plan - Day 3
Cashew Vegetable Stir-Fry - Dr. Oz Rapid Weight Loss Plan Friendly #Recipe
Dr Oz 2 Week Rapid Weight-Loss Plan - Week 1 Review
2 weeks Into My Weight Loss Journey with the Dr. Oz Rapid Weight Loss Plan in My Mind