I wanted to add to the Daddy and Daughter Hand Print Artwork. I went onto Pinterest to get some inspiration. I came up with this Pin. Unfortunately it doesn't go to any real link so I figured out how to do it myself.
- 1 color of embroidery floss for each member of your family. (I used 3)
- Embroidery needle
- Transfer paper
- Cotton fabric
- 9" Embroidery hoop
- Picture frame
- Trace the biggest hand onto a sheet of printer paper. Trace the next sized hand in the middle of that one. Trace the smallest hand in the middle of the last one you just did.
- Cut your fabric into a 11" x 11" square.
- Place tracing paper on top then printer paper with traced hands on top of that.
- I used a dull pencil to transfer the hand tracings.
- Place fabric into embroidery hoop.
- Start with the smallest hand and embroider on the traced line using a running stitch.
- Repeat for the remaining hands.
- Iron out any of the creases from the embroidery hoop.
- Place into frame and hang up.
If you make one of these I would love to see it. Please put a link to your work in the comments below.