Last year I did the Baby Valentine for my daughter. This year I wanted to give her something yummy and healthier than candy or chocolate.
I went to my favorite Baby/Toddler Recipe site and found this delicious recipe for Banana Oatmeal Cookies. I wanted to decorate it in a way that made it look like a candy bar. I designed the label that you can print below.
DIY Toddler Valentine
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13" x 9" cookie sheet with cooking spray and spread the cookie into the pan. Make sure to take your time to evenly spread the dough.
- Bake the cookie rectangle for about 20 minutes. You want the middle to be cooked through. If it is still raw in the middle put back in the oven for another 5 minutes and check again.
- Let cool for 40 minutes. Put in your refrigerator and let cool for a couple of hours longer.
- While the cookie is cooling, cut 12 pieces of aluminum foil that are 6 " x 6" . Set aside.
- Print and cut out 12 labels.
- When completely cooled turn cookie sheet on top of a cutting board and carefully remove sheet. Cut 1/2" off the entire perimeter of the rectangle. Your cookie should now be 8" by 12". (Those edges are super yummy to snack on.) Cut the rectangle vertically in half. Cut each half in half again. Cut each 2" strip into 3 pieces horizontally. You know have 12 squares of your cookie "candy bar".
- Wrap each cookie with aluminum foil.
- Wrap labels around each wrapped cookie and use double sided tape to hold in place.