For each major holiday I create an outfit for my daughter. This year I came across these super cute black and red lace heart jeggings in Walmart. I wanted to make a shirt to match so I purchased a plain red long sleeved shirt. I wanted to decorate the shirt so it looked like she had on a necklace with a heart pendant.
Painted Necklace Shirt
- Heart image (I did a Google image search for Valentine's Day stencil)
- Iron on transfer printer paper
- Red long sleeve shirt
- Black fabric paint
- Paper plate
- Disappearing fabric marker (you can freehand it if you don't have one)
- Take your shirt and figure out where you want your pendant to be. Measure how big you want your pendant to be. I made mine 2 1/2" x 2 1/2".
- In an image editor, open a file the same size as your measurements above.
- Paste the image you found in the file you just opened. That way when you print out the image it will be the exact size you want it.
- Using your printer's properties change your image into a mirror image. (You need the image to print backwards so that it will iron on right.)
- Print out image onto iron on transfer paper. Make sure you put the paper in the right way.
- Cut out the heart from the paper you just printed. Place picture side down on the shirt.
- Follow the iron on transfer paper instructions to iron it on.
- Let it cool a little bit before you peel the paper backing off.
- Using the disappearing marker draw a line from the shoulder to the pendant where a chain would be.
- Squirt some paint onto the paper plate. Using the pencil eraser dab it into the paint then make circles following the line you just drew.
- Let completely air dry.
If you make one of these, I would love for you to leave the link in the comments section.